The LM PBM laboratory planetary ball mill is universally applicable for quick dry or wet grinding of inorganic and organic samples for analysis, quality control, materials testing and mechanical alloying.
In synthesis, the LM PBM can be used for mixing and homogenization of dry samples, of emulsions and of pastes.
LAARMANN® Planetary Ball Mills consist of several cylindrical grinding jars (positioned on the sun wheel as shown on the figure) which are filled with loose grinding balls. Two superimposed rotational movements move the grinding jars.
Like in a planetary system the grinding jar rotates on an orbit around the centre. This rotational movement is the self-rotation of the grinding container superimposed. The resulting centrifugal and acting acceleration forces lead to strong grinding effects.
Depending on the speed ratio different movement patters of the grinding balls / media can be achieved. It can be achieved that the grinding media are crossing the grinding jar and loosen from the wall.
At hitting the wall of the grinding jar the sample will be stressed. At a different motion pattern the grinding balls roll over the sample and stress the ground material.
Features and benefits
- High efficient fine grinding up to end fineness <1µm
- Different speed ratios available
- Grinding jars from 50ml to 500 ml in different materials
- Suitable for long-term trials and continuous use
- Automatic direction reversal to avoid agglomerations
- Reproducible results due to programmable grinding parameters
- CE – certified